It was hard to keep up with the destruction of the Trump era. And it’s already getting hard to keep up with the rebuilding.
This week brought a series of actions on climate change from the White House that are building a framework for the climate economy.
Sam Ricketts, a prominent climate policy advisor, told the Los Angeles Times: “This is the most ambitious climate platform put forward by an American president…It is mobilizing the entirety of the federal government in an unprecedented way. Every agency is now a climate agency.”
We’ll sort through it.
Then, last week we covered distributed energy modeling. Now we get to the practice: how do we rebuild markets to accommodate a ton of small-scale resources? They’re doing it in the UK. We’ve lagged in the US. We’ll compare.
Finally, Elon Musk says he’ll give $100M to carbon-capture tech that shows promise. He can’t run rockets on electricity. Will he get his carbon-neutral jet fuel?
- Greentech Media: Biden Executive Orders Set Broad Federal Role in Clean Energy and Climate Change Mitigation
- LATimes: Biden Orders Sweeping Actions to Pause Drilling and Fight Climate Change
- Greentech Media: New UK DERMS Project Targets Flexibility Across Distribution and Transmission Grids
- Twitter: Cisco DeVries’ Feed on the Dissing of OhmConnect
- NBC News: Elon Musk to Offer $100 Million Prize for ‘Best’ Carbon Capture Tech
- Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research A Review of the Role of Fossil Fuel Based Carbon Capture and Storage in the Energy System.
This podcast is brought to you by Sungrow, a leading provider of PV inverter solutions around the world. Sungrow has delivered more than 10 gigawatts of inverters to the Americas alone — and 120 gigawatts in total across the globe. Learn more about Sungrow’s cutting-edge solar projects.
This podcast is also brought to you by CPower. CPower and its team of energy experts are back with a webinar series aimed to help organizations make sense of the chaos and optimize their energy use and spend in 2021. This hour-long webinar series features market-by-market breakdowns to help energy planners make the right decisions. Register today.
Source: Greentech Media