WHO Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Situation Report 67
- Two new countries/territories/areas from the Region of the Americas  have reported cases of COVID-19.
- The total global number of COVID-19 cases has surpassed 500,000.
- Addressing the Extraordinary Summit on COVID-19, the WHO Director-General called on G20 leaders to fight, unite, and ignite against COVID-19. More information can be found here.
- WHO concluded the technical support mission to Egypt on 25 March 2020. More information can be found on the Eastern Mediterranean Regional Office site here.
- OpenWHO celebrates 1 million enrollments today. Seventy percent of the total enrollments are on COVID-19 resources, reflecting the critical role the platform is playing in supporting the response to the pandemic. On 25 March, anew course was launched describing how to design and operate treatment centers for the COVID-19 pandemic.COVID-19 resources are hosted on two learning channels: one for courses in official WHO languages here and a second for courses in additional national languages here.
- The number of countries implementing additional health measures that significantly interfere with international traffic has increased since the declaration of COVID-19 as a public health emergency of international concern. The United NationsWorld Tourism Organization launched a Crisis Committee to review the impact of the outbreak on the aviation, shipping and tourism sectors and propose innovative solutions for recovery.
Global Level: Very High
Coronavirus Situation in Numbers
- 509,164 confirmed cases (46,484 new)
- 23,335 deaths (2,501 new)
Western Pacific Region
- 100,018 confirmed cases (960 new)
- 3,567 deaths (27 new)
- 286,697 confirmed cases (36,414 new)
- 16,105 deaths (2,155 new)
- 2,932 confirmed cases (396 new)
- 105 deaths (26 new)
Eastern Mediterranean Region
- 35,249 confirmed cases (2,807 new)
- 2,336 deaths (174 new)
Regions of the Americas
- 81,137 confirmed cases (5,425 new)
- 1,176 deaths (111 new)
- 2,419 confirmed cases (482 new)
- 39 deaths (8 new)
Countries, territories or areas with reported laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 cases and deaths, March 27, 2020
|United States of America||68334|
|Republic of Korea||9332|
|International (Diamond Princess Cruise Ship)||712|
|United Arab Emirates||333|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||213|
|Republic of Moldova||177|
|Trinidad and Tobago||61|
|Democratic Republic of the Congo||54|
|Isle of Man||26|
|United Republic of Tanzania||13|
|Lao People’s Democratic Republic||6|
|Central African Republic||5|
|Syrian Arab Republic||5|
|Antigua and Barbuda||3|
|British Virgin Islands||2|
|Saint Kitts and Nevis||2|
|Turks and Caicos||2|
|Papua New Guinea||1|
|Saint Vincent and the Grenadines||1|
Recommendations and Advice for the Public
If you are not in an area where COVID-19 is spreading or have not traveled from an area where COVID-19 is spreading or have not been in contact with an infected patient, your risk of infection is low. It is understandable that you may feel anxious about the outbreak. Get the facts from reliable sources to help you accurately determine your risks so that you can take reasonable precautions (see Frequently Asked Questions). Seek guidance from WHO, your healthcare provider, your national public health authority or your employer for accurate information on COVID-19 and whether COVID-19 is circulating where you live. It is important to be informed of the situation and take appropriate measures to protect yourself and your family (see Protection measures for everyone).
If you are in an area where there are cases of COVID-19 you need to take the risk of infection seriously. Follow the advice of WHO and guidance issued by national and local health authorities. For most people, COVID-19 infection will cause mild illness however, it can make some people very ill and, in some people, it can be fatal. Older people, and those with pre-existing medical conditions (such as cardiovascular disease, chronic respiratory disease or diabetes) are at risk for severe disease (See Protection measures for persons who are in or have recently visited (past 14 days) areas where COVID-19 is spreading).